1/1 Photo of Roasted Garden Vegetables With Spaghetti Squash
Deb Wolf's Note:
A bountiful garden harvest today inspired this recipe. Eggplant, zucchini, yellow squash, sweet red pepper, onion, garlic and roma tomatoes are tossed with olive oil, roasted, combined with pasta sauce and served over steamed spaghetti squash. A sprinkle of grated parmesan completes it. Use a good quality of pasta sauce, but not marinara - it will get too watery. I like Prego.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (2 1/2-3 lb) spaghetti squash
- 1 eggplant, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 yellow squash, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 roma tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup onion, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced thinly
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (24 ounce) jar pasta sauce
- 6 teaspoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F
- 2Toss all vegetables except spaghetti squash with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- 3Spray an 11x17 pan with non-stick and add vegetables in a single layer. Use 2 pans or cookie sheets if needed.
- 4Place in hot oven and roast 20 minutes.
- 5Stir and roast 10 minutes longer.
- 6Scrub spaghetti squash well, halve vertically and remove seeds. Place cut side down in a microwavable dish, add 1/4 cup water, cover and cook on high 10 minutes, turning the dish several times if your microwave doesn't have a turntable. You may need to cook in batches.
- 7Drain well and keep warm until the vegetables are done.
- 8Heat pasta sauce in a large pot to a simmer.
- 9When vegetables are roasted, softened and browned in spots, add them to the pasta sauce.
- 10Scrape the spaghetti squash with a fork onto 6 plates.
- 11Top with vegetables and sauce.
- 12Sprinkle each serving with 1 teaspoon parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Garden Vegetables With Spaghetti Squash
Serving Size: 1 (531 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 231.0
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 4.0 mg
- Sodium 982.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 17.3 g
- Protein 6.5 g