Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Fresh homegrown tomatoes really make this dish! Great for bar-b-ques or a small lunch.
- 6 medium tomatoes, vine-ripened
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn kernels, roasted
- 1 small red onion, 1/4-inch diced
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil leaf, julienne
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup large toasted crouton (homemade, if possible)
- Core tomatoes and cut into 1/2" cubes.
- Combine tomatoes, corn, diced onions, oil, vinegar, salt, basil and freshly ground pepper in a large bowl and toss gently to blend.
- Let sit for a few minutes.
- Add croutons and toss just before serving.
This is a really unique and delicious salad. I tried it from Olive Garden's web site and saw it was listed on here already. Delicious!