Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This one's fast and good. Great for after chopping down the Christmas tree or Ice Skating. Company quality!!
- 4 ears of corn, roasted and kernels cut
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 (14 ounce) cans clam juice
- 1 cup instant mashed potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 3 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Cajun blackened spice mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 lb fresh crabmeat, picked over
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese (optional)
- In a large saucepan or dutch oven melt butter over medium high heat and add garlic and onion.
- When onion is begining to become translucent add clam juice and potato flakes.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until thickened slightly.
- Reduce heat to simmer; add corn, cream, thyme, seasoning mix, salt and bacon.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add crab and heat through, around 5 minutes.
- Serve in hot bowls, top with cheese and a sprinkle of cajun mix.