Quick and Easy Corn-Crab Chowder
photo by DailyInspiration
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can corn, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed and softened
- 1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat, drained
- Saute green onions, garlic, and red pepper in butter in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, until tender.
- Combine the soup and milk, stirring well. Add the soup mixture, corn and remaining ingredients to the saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring constantly, just until the cheese melts. Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Thanks Breezermom for a great recipe it was delicious and super easy! On par with Bonefish Grills Corn chowder and lump crap soup. I substituted one 8.5 oz. can of creamed style corn and one 8.5 oz. can of whole corn (both undrained) instead of the can corn called for in the recipe, to add to the creaminess of the soup. I also added ½ of an onion diced and sautéed. Also added 6 oz. of krab legs in addition to 6 oz. of back fin crab meat. Topped each bowl with a few tablespoons of shredded cheddar cheese and a tablespoon of bacon bits and a few sliced green onions for garnish, actually the beacon bits added a lot of flavor and an additional layer of texture which we all enjoyed. Again thanks for a great recipe will add it to the repeat list, easily 5 stars!
This is a very nice tasting chowder, I must say, even though I kinda tweaked a couple of ingredient amounts since we had some unexpected company for lunch! I added a bit more corn (1 cup) as well as almost half again as much of the crab meat, & everyone seemed to like it, so . . . ! Still, another time I might just double the recipe & then I'd have a bit left over for another meal! Thanks for posting this recipe! [Made & reviewed in Everyday Is a Holiday tag]