Recipe by run for your life
A friend gave this recipe to me and we loved it! An easy meal with great flavor. Hope you enjoy!
Top Review by RedhairMac
This was delicious and easy. The only change I made (which made it even easier) was to use marinated artichoke hearts. That eliminated all the artichoke prep, and gave the chicken and potatoes a wonderful taste, probably about the same as the result of using the frozen artichokes and dressing them per the recipe. We loved it and I'll definitely be making it again -- maybe with chicken drumsticks next time. Yum!
- 1⁄4 cup plus 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 large chicken thighs
- salt and pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen artichoke hearts
- 1 lemon
- 1 lb small potato, such as baby yukno golds (cut in half if over 2 inches)
- 4 small sprigs fresh thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Lightly oil a heavy-duty rimmed baking sheet.
- Put the chicken thighs on the baking sheet with plenty of room in between them. Season well with salt and pepper and roast in the hot oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, remove the artichokes from their package and rinse them in a colander under warm water to separate them and to begin to thaw them (it's fine if they're still partially frozen when you roast them.) Drain them well.
- Thinly slice half the lemon and juice the other half.
- Measure 4 tsp of the juice into a small bowl and whisk in 3 Tbsp of the olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Put the artichokes in a large bowl with the potatoes, thyme sprigs, lemon slices, the remaining 1/4 cup olive oil, 1 tsp salt, and a few grinds of pepper. Toss to coat well.
- When the thighs have roasted for 15 minutes, take the baking sheet out of the oven. Dump the artichokes, potatoes, and lemon slices onto the baking sheet in the empty spots surrouding the thighs. Try to distribute things more or less evenly and in a single layer so the vegetables get nicely browned. Keep the lemon slices toward the center of the pan so they don't burn.
- Continue roasting until the chicken skin is crisp, the meat cooked through, and the artichokes and potatoes are tender and browned, about 30-40 minutes.
- Divide the thigs and vegetables among four plates.
- Drizzle each serving with the lemon vinaigrette.