Roasted Chicken Thighs and Giardiniera Relish
- Ready In:
- 1 (16 ounce) jar giardiniera, chopped, plus 1 tablespoon brine (store bought or see giardiniera #468165)
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes or 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs, trimmed
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 400 degrees. Combine giardiniera and brine, 1/4 cup oil (4 tablespoons), parsley and pepper in bowl. Set aside.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat until just smoking. Add chicken, skin side down, and cook until well browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Flip chicken and transfer skillet to oven. Cook until chicken registers 175 degrees, about 15 minutes. Transfer chicken to platter and top with relish.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm just me, mother, grandmother...friend to many and a Louisianian. My Cajun and French Quarter Italian descent afforded me exposure to some of the best of foods. My passions are my family, decorating, cooking and gardening. Those very passions push me into constant awareness with always looking for something new to delight the senses, thus my favorite idiom...Inspire me, puuuullllllleeeeeeease! ...and I mean it, too. God Bless America!