Lemon Chicken and Rice With Artichokes
- Ready In:
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 2 1⁄4 cups onions, chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups instant rice, uncooked
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained (cut into quarters if they don't come that way)
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese or 2 tablespoons romano cheese
- cooking spray
- Coat a Dutch oven or large pan with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken, onion, and bell pepper and saute 5 minutes.
- Stir in rice, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and broth; bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat; simmer for 15 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir in artichokes and cook for another minute until thoroughly heated.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
Join The Conversation
I made this for dinner last night, and we enjoyed it. The only things I did differently were to add 1 tsp. minced garlic, I added the artichokes at step 3, and I made non-instant white rice separately. Because of the rice not absorbing the liquid, I did let the chicken and artichokes simmer a bit longer, so the liquid could reduce. I thought the lemon would be overpowering, but it wasn't at all, it was very nice. I enjoyed mine plain (over the rice), my husband said Sriracha (rooster sauce) was good on it. Thanks for this keeper!