Chicken with Artichokes and Lemon
photo by Fiddler
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts (approx 1 lb)
- 1 large ripe tomatoes, peeled and chopped or (14 1/2 ounce) can peeled & chopped tomatoes (incl. juice)
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and halved (NOT marinated!!)
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Spray shallow 2-quart casserole or baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add ingredients in order given; mix gently.
- Cover and bake 40 min, or until chicken breasts are tender to fork.
- For thicker sauce, remove cover for the last 15 min of cook time.
- May be made earlier in the day and stored in refrigerator until time to cook; also freezes for up to 6 wks.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Great recipe especially considering the low calories! My only substutions: all I had was marinated artichokes, so I rinsed them off and then soaked them in water for a couple of hours to draw out salt... and based on najwa's comment, I left out the seasoning salt DH LOVED the dish! THANKS so much for posting
While I do think this recipe is a great in terms of being healthy I found that the lemon and red pepper flakes were too overpowering. My sauce never thickened even after removing the cover and it took much longer than 40 minutes to cook. It's a very presentable looking dish but not one I'd make again.
So delicious! It had just the right amount of zip to it and a very nice lemon taste. It looks very pretty too. I served this with fresh steamed green beans and egg noodles and I put some of the sauce on them. Next time I will put the green beans in the pan and cook them with the chicken. I think they will taste great that way. Thanks for posting.