1/1 Photo of Roasted Chicken and Vegetable Soup
1 hr 30 mins
My favorite comfort food on a cold day. It makes your house smell amazing! It makes a huge batch, however can be 1/2ed or doubled easily depending on your groups size. You can used leftover turkey or rotisserie chicken too, great way to use up leftover meats and veggies. I serve this with my Loaded Foccacia Bread and everyone's happy! I made the seasoning amounts a little vague because you should taste the soup as you season so it works according to your tastes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 quarts water
- 1/3 cup chicken base
- 3 cups cubed leftover roasted chicken
- 2 -3 cups chopped celery
- 2 small chopped onions
- 2 cups chopped baby carrots
- 1/3 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 16 ounces cavatappi pasta (I never substitute this one because it traps all the juice and veggies making it a very hearty soup)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 -2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 -2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1Place water in a large pot. Add the chicken base and stir well.
- 2Add all vegetables and turn on medium heat, bringing to a boil.
- 3Turn down to a simmer.
- 4Cook for about 30 minutes add seasoning and bring back to a boil.
- 5Dump in pasta and cook till tender/firm.
- 6Add the diced chicken and cook about 5 more minutes.
- 7Freezes well.
Browse Our Top Stocks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stocks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Chicken and Vegetable Soup
Serving Size: 1 (495 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 236.4
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 119.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 8.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: