Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Roasting beets brings out thier sweetness. Quince adds a little tartness to the salad served over a bed of Baby Greens with a Orange Vinaigrette Dressing.
- 4 beets (Medium Peeled)
- 1⁄2 cup red onion (Sliced Thin)
- 1 quinces (Sliced Thin)
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 serrano pepper (Minced)
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic clove (Minced)
- 2 green onions (Sliced Thin)
- 2 tablespoons parsley (Chopped)
- 2 tablespoons thyme (Chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper (Fine)
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups baby greens
- 1 cup asiago cheese (Shaved)
- Pre-heat oven to 400F and place rack in the middle.
- Wrap beets in foil and roast about 1 1/2 hours or until tender. Cool beets and slice thin.
- Place beets, onion and quince in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a medium bowl combine vinegar, orange juice, zest, Serrano pepper, garlic, green onions, parsley and thyme. Add fine sea salt and fine ground black pepper. Slowly wisk in olive oil.
- Pour dressing over beets and toss well. Chill salad for 15-minutes. Reseason with salt and pepper if needed.
- Divide baby greens on chilled salad plates and place beets on top.
- Garnish salad with Shaved Asiago Cheese.