Recipe by mersaydees
This has to be the quickest and simplest recipe for asparagus that I've ever tried. The asparagus comes out tender crisp just the way I think it should be! From Martha Stewart Living's Everyday Food magazine, June 2004 issue.
Top Review by Chef Buggsy Mate
I love oven roasted asparagus however; this is the first time I have added Parmesan cheese to it. What a tasty addition! I must admit I combined this recipe with one for oven roasted broccoli (as a way to cut costs since asparagus is over $5.00 here). since the broccoli recipe called for garlic, I used a garlic infused olive oil. I also also sprinkled the vegetables with some red pepper flakes before roasting. I also cut the roasting time back just a pinch...12 minutes gave us perfect tender-crisp veggies! I will definitely be making this again; using asparagus only when it is in peek season and the cost is down. Made and reviewed for the 56th AUS/NZ Recipe Swap.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs asparagus
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- coarse salt
- ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Trim and/or peel tough ends from asparagus.
- On a rimmed baking sheet, toss asparagus with olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange asparagus in an even layer on the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Roast in the oven until asparagus is tender and cheese has melted, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.