Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is an easy dish I literally threw together for dinner one night. It's deliciously simple! I have indicated this recipe serves 2-4 people. That is because DH and I really enjoy asparagus and prefer large portions of the vegetable. Please feel free to decrease your portion size to serve more people if desired.
- 1 lb asparagus, fibrous ends cut off
- 6 ounces portabella mushrooms, quartered
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place prepared asparagus spears and mushrooms in a shallow roasting dish.
- Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Toss with hands to coat thoroughly.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender.
Excellent, tasty and easy peasy side dish recipe that went perfectly with tonight's grilled rib eyes and garlic toasts. I had everything on hand, used garlic salt in place of the garlic and salt in the recipe. It worked out great. We will definately make this again. Thanks for sharing the recipe MarthaStewartWanabe! Made for Bargain Basement tag game.