Recipe by Sue Lau
Very simple to make and so flavorful- this is a real treat!
Top Review by *AnDREa*
Wow! Easy but looks impressive when served and the flavor...wow. I tried to take a shortcut the second time I made this and pour the oil and spices over the asparagus rather than tossing - bad idea! Having everything very coated is important to proper cooking. Silly move, I know, but figured I'd put it out there in case others get tempted :)
- 1 3⁄4-2 lbs fresh crisp asparagus
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon, zest of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- kosher salt (to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 3 -4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1 lemon (juice of, no seeds)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Heat olive oil, minced garlic, lemon zest, oregano, and red pepper flakes in a small pan over low heat until garlic becomes golden and oil becomes fragrant; remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Bend asparagus gently until it breaks at a natural point and discard ends.
- Toss asparagus pieces with infused olive oil and place in a single layer on a baking sheet (one with a side edge).
- Season asparagus with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle asparagus with crumbled feta cheese.
- Roast at 400F for 12 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and squeeze the lemons over the asparagus, being careful to catch the seeds.
- Serve hot.