A Nigel Slater recipe, put here for safe keeping. Serve with steamed rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 kg pork belly, bones left in and scored
For the greens
- 1Wipe the meat with kitchen towel to remove any moisture.
- 2Peel the garlic and pound it with the peppercorns, salt and five-spice powder using a pestle and mortar.
- 3Lay the pork, skin-side down, in a baking dish and rub the spice mix into the flesh.
- 4Cover the dish and leave in a cool place for at least 4 hours.
- 5Set the oven at 220°C.
- 6Put the pork in, skin-side up, and bake for 30 minutes, then turn the heat down to 180 C and roast for another 50-60 minutes.
- 7Check the juices run clear and if not roast a little longer.
- 8If you need to crisp up the fat, move the meat to the top shelf for the last 15 minutes.
- 9Take the pork out of the dish and let rest on a chopping board for at least 10 minutes.
- 10Cook the greens in boiling water for 3-4 minutes until tender but still crisp.
- 11Drain and put 1 tbsp water in the pan along with the oil and oyster sauce.
- 12Bring to a boil and tip in the greens, turn off the heat and over.
- 13Carve the pork along the bones.
- 14Serve with greens and rice.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Pork Belly With Five-Spice Rub
Serving Size: 1 (510 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2310.8
- Calories from Fat 2118
- Total Fat 235.4 g
- Saturated Fat 85.1 g
- Cholesterol 315.0 mg
- Sodium 2164.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 41.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: