Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 4 hrs
Cook 2 hrs
A Nigel Slater recipe, put here for safe keeping. Serve with steamed rice.
Make and share this Roast Pork Belly With Five-Spice Rub recipe from Food.com.
- Wipe the meat with kitchen towel to remove any moisture.
- Peel the garlic and pound it with the peppercorns, salt and five-spice powder using a pestle and mortar.
- Lay the pork, skin-side down, in a baking dish and rub the spice mix into the flesh.
- Cover the dish and leave in a cool place for at least 4 hours.
- Set the oven at 220°C.
- Put the pork in, skin-side up, and bake for 30 minutes, then turn the heat down to 180 C and roast for another 50-60 minutes.
- Check the juices run clear and if not roast a little longer.
- If you need to crisp up the fat, move the meat to the top shelf for the last 15 minutes.
- Take the pork out of the dish and let rest on a chopping board for at least 10 minutes.
- Cook the greens in boiling water for 3-4 minutes until tender but still crisp.
- Drain and put 1 tbsp water in the pan along with the oil and oyster sauce.
- Bring to a boil and tip in the greens, turn off the heat and over.
- Carve the pork along the bones.
- Serve with greens and rice.