Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
The beauty of this dish is its simplicity. Feel free to use any other white fish in place of the halibut.
- 2 halibut steaks (or any other white fish)
- olive oil
- 2 tablespoons capers packed in salt
- flat leaf parsley
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- steamed spinach
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 230 degrees C.
- Grease a baking dish with some olive oil.
- Rub the fish generously with salt and pepper, then lay in the dish and bake for 7-8 minutes or until the flesh flakes easily away from the bone.
- Chop the parsley and rinse the capers.
- Lift the fish out onto warm plates and place the baking dish over a moderate flame.
- Scatter in the capers and parsley, squeeze in the lemon juice and grind in a little salt and pepper.
- Drizzle in a little more oil, then bring to a fierce bubble.
- Tip that over the fish and serve with the steamed spinach.
I saute the halibut on stovetop then steam spinash with fish> I also add fresh tomatoes -very good.