Orzo With Lemon and Parsley
Simple orzo recipe, prepared like risotto. Original recipe by Pam Anderson, published in the Washington Post, June 7, 2000.
- Ready In:
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces orzo pasta (about 1 1/3 cups)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- For a version that is not quite so rich, you may omit the Parmesan cheese.
- In a large saucepan, bring 1 quart of water to a boil.
- Add the salt and orzo and cook until the orzo is tender and has absorbed almost all of the cooking liquid, 8 to 9 minutes.
- Stir in the butter, Parmesan cheese, lemon zest and juice and parsley.
- Serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation