Orzo With Blue Cheese and Walnuts
Simple orzo recipe, prepared like risotto. Original recipe by Pam Anderson, published in the Washington Post, June 7, 2000.
- Ready In:
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces orzo pasta (about 1 1/3 cups)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, toasted*
- In a large saucepan, bring 1 quart of water to a boil.
- Add the salt and orzo and cook until the orzo is tender and has absorbed almost all of the cooking liquid, 8 to 9 minutes.
- Stir in the butter, Parmesan and blue cheeses and walnuts.
- Serve immediately.
- * Note: To toast nuts, spread them on a baking sheet and place them in a 350-degree oven, shaking the pan occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes. Watch carefully because nuts will burn quickly.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION