1/1 Photo of Roast Chicken Breasts With Parsley Pan Gravy
GREAT week-night dinner! The chicken is moist and the gravy is to die for, Altho it is great with the poultry seasoning, I LOVE it with Herbes de Provence seasoning. There is enough gravy here for any potatoes you are serving as well...yummm! If needed, I thicken the gravy with a flour/water slurry at the end. Depending on the size of the chicken breasts, you may need to cook either longer or less, I have had to cook them for 60 minutes before, use your judgement. Sometimes I add satueed onions and shrooms to the gravy. Recipe can easily be doubled. This is adapted from Bon Appetit magazine, 2001. Hope you enjoy as much as we do!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 chicken breast halves (with skin and bone-in)
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning or 1 1/2 teaspoons herbes de provence
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 cups canned low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F
- 2Using fingers, loosen skin on chicken breast. Rub half of poultry seasoning or herbs de provence under skin of each breast. Sprinkle chicken with kosher or sea salt and pepper.
- 3Place skin side up in 11x7-inch metal baking pan that has been sprayed with vegetable oil.
- 4Brush chicken with butter, add 1/4 cup of broth and 1/4 cup of white wine to pan.
- 5Roast until cooked through, about 40 minutes.
- 6Transfer chicken to plate.
- 7Place pan with juices over stove-top burner at medium heat. (Pour everything into a saucepan if you don't want your baking pan over the burners.)
- 8Add flour; stir until golden, about 30 seconds. Whisk in broth. Bring to boil, whisking until mixture thickens.
- 9Add parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Chicken Breasts With Parsley Pan Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (424 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 300.4
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 61.6 mg
- Sodium 184.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 21.7 g