Recipe by Oparu
This is the sandwich that makes me remember the Happy Baker in Fredericton, New Brunswick. If possible toast the sandwich and make a panini. I love this simple sandwich! If possible, use yellow tomatoes because they're less acidic than the red ones.
- 2 slices Italian bread (e.g. Ciabatta)
- 2 slices roast beef
- 3 -4 tomatoes, slices
- 6 basil leaves
- 1 slice cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon wasabi mayonnaise
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- On one of the slices, spray a little olive oil and grind some black pepper on top. Place basil leaves, then roast beef slices, and cheese on that slice.
- On the second slice, lightly spread some wasabi mayonnaise.
- Put both slices separately in the toaster oven and bake until the cheese melts.
- When the sandwich is done toasting, place tomato slices on the cheese and top it off with the second slice of bread.
- Cut into halves and serve!