Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise (I use Hellman’s)
- 3 tablespoons horseradish
- 3⁄4 lb roast beef (preferably rare)
- softened butter
- lettuce leaf
- vidalia onion, slices
- tomatoes, slices
- 4 kaiser rolls
- Combine mayo with horseradish.
- Butter rolls this is important as the butter makes a lining to prevent the roll from getting too soggy, and it tastes good too.
- Fill rolls with layers of remaining ingredients.
- Season roast beef with lots of salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Top with mayonnaise.
As usual, Evelyn, you've got a winner here. We loved these flavors together, and the ratio of horseradish to mayo was spot-on. We'll want to put that on everything! Thanks for a keeper!
DELICIOUS! Made for lunch today and everyone loved them! The horseradish is a wonderful idea!!! I used what I had on hand like country white bread and no butter, baby spinach, green onions and added avocado slices. Will be making these again tomorrow upon request. Thank you for a great recipe, evelyn/athens!
I was browsing ncmysteryshopper's cookbooks for brown bag ideas and came upon this. I used rather uninspired roast beef--deli sliced stuff that you get in the grocery store that comes in small tubs. Tomatoes off-season. But let me tell you--this gives sliced sandwich roast beef a definite boost. I will look forward to making this with nicer roast beef from the deli AND my husband likes it AND it will add a zip to my brown bag lunches. Thanks, Evelyn/Athens for a great recipe...again.