Hey Jude's Note:
Use up your Sunday beef roast in a quick after-work meal with this salad. Serve this with bread sticks or rolls and fresh fruit for dessert! Serves 4 for lunch or 2 for dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, quartered
- 1 cup lightly packed fresh basil leaf
- 1 ounce parmesan cheese, freshly grated (1/3 C. do NOT use the stuff in the green can!)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 lb rare roast beef, in julienne strips
- 2 heads boston lettuce, cored,rinsed and dried
- 8 leaves radicchio, rinsed and dried
- 1Heat the oven to 300°; put 2 T of the pine nuts in a pie pan and toast in the oven, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes, set aside.
- 2Combine the oil and garlic in a food processor and blend until the garlic is finely chopped; add the basil and the remaining 2 T of pine nuts, the cheese, and the salt, process until fairly smooth, stir in the vinegar and 1/4 C of water, set the pesto vinaigrette aside.
- 3Tear the lettuce into pieces, shred the radicchio.
- 4Line a serving platter with the greens, top with the roast beef and sprinkle with the toasted nuts; drizzle some of the pesto vinaigrette over the salad before serving.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Beef Salad with Pesto Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (295 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 550.5
- Calories from Fat 400
- Total Fat 44.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 86.7 mg
- Sodium 615.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 35.8 g