3 hrs 55 mins
3 hrs 30 mins
Trisha W's Note:
This is the meal that I said in my About Me page that is my favorite to come home to after church on Sunday. The whole thing (meat, gravy, vegies) is ready. You can add a salad, rolls and/or green beans if you want - but not necessary. And the house even smells yummy. It also works for an evening meal (if you can put it on in the mid afternoon). It can cook while you take a walk, nap, shower, and read a book. Preparation time is mainly peeling the vegies (which I often do the night before.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel the potatoes, carrots, onions.
- 2Rinse clean.
- 3Sprinkle one side of the roast heavily with Adolps, prick with a long handled fork in several spots.
- 4Place sprinkled side down in a hot roaster.
- 5Sear for about 1 minute.
- 6Sprinkle top side with Adolphs, prick.
- 7Turn and brown other side.
- 8Take off heat.
- 9Empty the two cans of mushroom soup on top of the roast.
- 10Pour about 1/2 can of water on the bottom of the pan.
- 11Place clean, peeled vegetables on and around the roast.
- 12Cover with lid.
- 13Gravy will be ready in the bottom of the pan when through cooking.
- 14Bake at 325 degrees for 3 1/2- 4 hours.
- 15Left over meat and vegetables can be cut up and warmed in left over gravy thinned with water, later in the week, for a quick stew.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Beef Dinner
Serving Size: 1 (584 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 765.6
- Calories from Fat 393
- Total Fat 43.6 g
- Saturated Fat 16.8 g
- Cholesterol 136.9 mg
- Sodium 664.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 42.7 g