Recipe by Calms79
An old Aussie fav, the rissole, has been given a bit of a bashing. This updated version is one my entire family loved. It was inspired by a recipe seen in an Australian food mag but adapted to my families tastes.
- 750 g beef mince
- 3⁄4 cup fresh breadcrumb (made from day-old bread)
- 150 g roasted capsicums, thinly sliced (chargrilled peppers)
- 1⁄4 cup olive, pitted and thinly sliced (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, finely shredded
- 1 tablespoon mixed Italian herbs
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 1⁄2 red onion, finely chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the beef mince, breadcrumbs, capsicum, olives, basil, herbs, garlic, egg and onion in a large bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the mince mixture into 8 equal portions and shape into patties.
- Preheat a barbecue plate or large non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the patties and cook for 5 minutes each side or until brown and cooked through.