Silver Raven's Note:
Adapted from Madhur Jaffrey's World Vegetarian Cookbook
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups vegetable broth or 4 cups chicken broth or 4 cups beef broth
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion (more if desired)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, stems and pieces
- 1 cup unwashed risotto rice
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley (fresh is better but use what you have.)
- 1In skillet, over medium high heat, stir fry onions and peas for 1 minute in oil.
- 2Add rice and stir fry another minute.
- 3Stir in a generous ladle full of broth, turn heat to medium.
- 4Keep stirring until broth absorbed.
- 5Add another ladle full, continuing until all broth is used up and 22 minutes have passed.
- 6By this time it should be just done.
- 7Cook an additional minute to absorb all the liquid.
- 8Add cheese and butter.
- 9Stir until both disappear into the rice.
- 10Sprinkle parsley over top and stir. Turn off heat and let rest for 1 to 2 minutes, then serve.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Risotto With Peas & Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 597.6
- Calories from Fat 306
- Total Fat 34.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 37.2 mg
- Sodium 547.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 21.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: