Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Posting for ZWT5. Another recipe from New Zealand Herald website. Recipe by Amanda Laird.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 liter chicken stock (or vegetable)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 300 g risotto rice (arborio)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh peas (or frozen)
- 4 artichokes, quartered
- 1 bunch basil, leaves picked
- 100 g goat's cheese (or cow's milk feta)
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat the olive oil and butter together in a large pan. Meanwhile, put the stock in a saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Add the onion and garlic to the pan and cook until golden. Add the rice and continue to cook for another 2 minutes, stirring.
- Ladle a little stock into the pan, stir well and when absorbed, continue until all the stock has been added. Add the peas and artichokes. After 20 minutes, test the rice. It should be a little firm to the bite but not chalky. If you need to add more liquid, use hot water.
- Tear the basil leaves and add with the goat cheese, stir through and season.