Inspired by a favorite dish at a Scottsdale, AZ restaurant. It's the Basil Olive Oil used in the dish that makes it so yummy. I love Risotto but oh, the stirring and stirring... Here is a crockpot version that works great!! This recipe works as a terrific side dish but you can add other items to make it a complete meal in itself, such as shrimp etc.. I hope some of you will attempt this version.
- Heat the basil oil in a saute pan over medium heat and saute the shallots until they have softened.
- Lightly coat the insert of crock pot with some extra basil olive oil.
- Add the sauted shallots and basil oil to the crockpot insert.
- Add the rice and coat it with the mixture.
- Stir in the wine.
- Stir in the chicken broth.
- Add the salt.
- Cover and cook on high for about 2 hours or until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Just before serving, stir in the cheese.
- Have extra grated cheese to put on top of each serving.
- If I was going to add shrimp, chicken, corn, salmon etc.
- ,I would add it after the cheese had been stirred in, allowing just enough time to warm up the item but not to overcook it.