This recipe comes from Chef Luciano Parolari who has been the executive chef at the exclusive Villa d'Este on Lake Como in Italy, for 25 years. He has been nicknamed the "King of Risotto" because of his reputation for a variety of exotic Milanese risottos. Note: The chef recommends carnaroli rice, from Italy's Piedmont area. If you can't find it in specialty or gourmet shops, however, use arborio rice - it's an acceptable substitute. This recipe is courtesy of an article about Chef Parolari in our local paper. I have not tried it as yet but wanted to put it here for safe keeping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 cups beef broth or 10 cups chicken broth or 10 cups vegetable broth
- 10 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups carnaroli rice
- 2 lemon peel, of grated
- 6 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
For the Sauce
- 1Bring broth to a boil in a saucepan, reduce heat and simmer to keep warm.
- 2In another heavy-bottomed saucepan, melt 3 tablespoons of the butter. Add rice and stir until every grain is coated with butter.
- 3Begin to ladle in broth slowly, one cup at a time, stirring until all liquid is absorbed and the rice is still moist, before adding more.
- 4After 10 minutes of cooking, add grated lemon peel. It will take about 20 minutes for the rice to absorb all the broth and to finish cooking.
- 5Remove pan from heat and stir in the Parmesan cheese and the remaining butter.
- 6To make the sauce, saute peeled shrimp in oil. Add white wine to the pan and cook over medium-high heat to evaporate the wine. Add parsley, and cook until sauce thickens and mixture is reduced.
- 7To plate dish, mound a portion of the risotto, and place shrimp over top. Garnish with lemon zest strips and parsley.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Risotto Al Limone Con Scampi (Shrimp and Lemon Risotto)
Serving Size: 1 (487 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 500.8
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 97.1 mg
- Sodium 936.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 16.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: