Chris from Kansas's Note:
This is a great rice recipe that I clipped from First magazine. It is a perfect side dish to any meat and uses ingredients that you usually have on hand.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter.
- 2Add onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, in another saucepan, bring chicken stock to boil.
- 4Lower heat and keep stock at a simmer.
- 5Add rice to pan with onions and cook, stirring until all grains are coated, about 1 minute.
- 6Add wine and cook, stirring until wine is absorbed, about 1 minute more.
- 7Add 1/2 cup stock and simmer, stirring frequently, until almost absorbed.
- 8Continue cooking in this manner, adding stock 1/2 cup at a time, until all liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, about 35 to 40 minutes.
- 9Stir in peas, milk and cheese.
- 10Cook until heated through, about 3 minutes.
- 11Serve immediately.
Nutritional Facts for Risi E Bisi
Serving Size: 1 (253 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 243.7
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 14.9 mg
- Sodium 340.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 9.5 g