1/1 Photo of Rillettes (Anthony Bourdain at Les Halles)
Cheeseburger in Paradise's Note:
I quote Anthony Bourdain "Jesus this dish is easy." A kind of pate like dish. Smear on toasted baguette croutons, have a cocktail and let the party begin...this is a WONDERFUL appetizer!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the pork belly and shoulder in a heavy bottomed pot. Add water and the bouquet garni and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- 2After 6 hours, stir in the salt and pepper and remove from the heat. Discard the bouquet garni.
- 3Once the meat is cooled enough to handle, transfer it to a mixing bowl, using forks, shred the meat (not mush, SHREDS is the key)
- 4Shovel some still warm pork into your mouth -- you know you want to.
- 5Divide the mixture among several small containers. Top each portion with a slice or two of pork fat to completely cover it, fold the mixture together a bit then wrap each container in plastic wrap.
- 6Place in the refrigerator and let them sit for 3 days before serving. Don't cheat on the 3 days because it just gets better as the flavors marry up!
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rillettes (Anthony Bourdain at Les Halles)
Serving Size: 1 (277 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1236.2
- Calories from Fat 1145
- Total Fat 127.3 g
- Saturated Fat 53.8 g
- Cholesterol 184.0 mg
- Sodium 367.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 20.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: