Crispy Roasted Asparagus
Got this recipe from our local paper. To quote: "The crispy coating on the asparagus - from the mayonnaise and French mustard, along with the Japanese panko breadcrumbs - provides a pleasant and piquant crunch. Panko is available at Asian markets. Serve as an hors d'oeuvre or side dish."
- Ready In:
- 1 bunch thick asparagus spear
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- pepper, to taste
- Set the oven at 450°F.
- With a vegetable peeler, peel tough ends of the asparagus.
- In a shallow dish, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, and lemon juice.
- Roll the asparagus spears in the mixture to coat them.
- Spread the panko in a plate and roll the spears until they are well coated.
- Transfer them to a cake rack and let them dry for 30 minutes.
- On a rimmed baking sheet, sprinkle the oil and line up the asparagus so they're not touching.
- Cook the spears, turning often, for 10 minutes, or until they are golden brown.
- Remove them from oven, and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper and serve at once.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
Dojemi- I recently made this same recipe from "The Best American Recipes 2004-2005" (originally cited from "The Way We Cook" by Sheryl Julian and Julie Riven- cook, Arlene Jacobs). It is definately 5 stars- very easy, Can be made prepped ahead of time, and baked when guests arrive. They also suggest serving as a bed for poached eggs, which would be so good. Thanks for posting!