Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
For those quick family dinners. You could use just about any meat you would like in this dish... i.e, chicken, shrimp, sausage etc.
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta shells
- 2 cups half-and-half or 2 cups whipping cream
- 3 ounces crumbled gorgonzola
- 3 ounces cubed white cheddar cheese
- 3 ounces cubed Fontina cheese
- 1⁄2 cup imported grated romano cheese
- 1 lb chopped cooked ham
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- For sauce: Use a heavy bottom saute pan over medium high heat. Melt butter, then whisk in flour and cook while whisking for 2-3 minutes. Whisk in half and half and continue to whisk gently until mixfture comes to a boil. When the sauce gthickens enough to coat back of spoon, remove from heat and add Gaorgonzola, cheddar and Fontina cheeses and stir until melted. I like to use a whisk as it helps the sauce to blend well.
- Cook pasta in large pot of boiling, lightly salted water until al dente, tender but firm to the bite. Drain cooked pasta, DO NOT RINSE, and put into large serving bowl. Add ham and sauce and fresh parsley, then toss until pasta is well coated. Sprinkle with Romano cheese and serve immediately.
- ** whipping cream can be used to make a richer sauce.
- *** be sure to use white cheddar, not yellow. If unavailable, use jack cheese.