For those quick family dinners. You could use just about any meat you would like in this dish... i.e, chicken, shrimp, sausage etc.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta shells
- 2 cups half-and-half or 2 cups whipping cream
- 3 ounces crumbled gorgonzola
- 3 ounces cubed white cheddar cheese
- 3 ounces cubed Fontina cheese
- 1/2 cup imported grated romano cheese
- 1 lb chopped cooked ham
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1For sauce: Use a heavy bottom saute pan over medium high heat. Melt butter, then whisk in flour and cook while whisking for 2-3 minutes. Whisk in half and half and continue to whisk gently until mixfture comes to a boil. When the sauce gthickens enough to coat back of spoon, remove from heat and add Gaorgonzola, cheddar and Fontina cheeses and stir until melted. I like to use a whisk as it helps the sauce to blend well.
- 2Cook pasta in large pot of boiling, lightly salted water until al dente, tender but firm to the bite. Drain cooked pasta, DO NOT RINSE, and put into large serving bowl. Add ham and sauce and fresh parsley, then toss until pasta is well coated. Sprinkle with Romano cheese and serve immediately.
- 3** whipping cream can be used to make a richer sauce.
- 4*** be sure to use white cheddar, not yellow. If unavailable, use jack cheese.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rigatoni With Four Cheeses and Ham
Serving Size: 1 (290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1309.2
- Calories from Fat 619
- Total Fat 68.8 g
- Saturated Fat 37.3 g
- Cholesterol 259.1 mg
- Sodium 1116.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 95.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 73.7 g