1/2 Photos of Rigatoni "d" (Maggiano's)
Maggiano's Rigatoni "D" My spin on Maggiano's BEST pasta dish! Totally heavenly! Also...for anyone doing low carb-substitute low-carb pasta & you've got a meal that makes you swear you're cheating!!! (the sauce is thin-but if you've noticed, it's thin at Maggiano's too! If you like it thicker, just lower the heat and let the sauce reduce some more) Also-if you want to use a rotisserie chicken, you can...it turns out quite well if you are pressed for time.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- ee 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 10 ounces button mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, pureed
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into 1 to 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 quart chicken stock
- 2 -4 ounces marsala wine (Cribari)
- 2 ounces white wine
- 1/2 quart heavy cream
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped (and parsley mix)
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 ounces garlic butter
- parmesan cheese, shavings (garnish)
- chopped fresh parsley (garnish)
- 1Heat oil.
- 2Caramelize onions.
- 3Saute mushrooms with balsamic vinegar.
- 4Add onions to the mushrooms.
- 5Season with salt and pepper.
- 6Add garlic .
- 7Add chicken.
- 8Add chicken stock, Marsala, and white wine. Cook until reduced by half.
- 9Add cream and bring to a boil.
- 10Turn down heat and simmer to skim away any impurities.
- 11Cook rigatoni al dente.
- 12Add drained rigatoni to chicken mixture in pan and finish with basil-parsley mix, parmesan cheese, garlic butter, and salt and pepper.
- 13Add more Marsala for flavor as needed.
- 14Place in pasta bowl and garnish with parmesan shavings and chopped parsley.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rigatoni "d" (Maggiano's)
Serving Size: 1 (454 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1214.0
- Calories from Fat 558
- Total Fat 62.0 g
- Saturated Fat 32.6 g
- Cholesterol 337.2 mg
- Sodium 362.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 98.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 49.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: