Recipe by Erin101378
Maggiano's Rigatoni "D" My spin on Maggiano's BEST pasta dish! Totally heavenly! Also...for anyone doing low carb-substitute low-carb pasta & you've got a meal that makes you swear you're cheating!!! (the sauce is thin-but if you've noticed, it's thin at Maggiano's too! If you like it thicker, just lower the heat and let the sauce reduce some more) Also-if you want to use a rotisserie chicken, you can...it turns out quite well if you are pressed for time.)
Top Review by alinasls
This was excellent! I kad Maggiano's Rigatoni "D" just a few days ago and was able to compare, the recipe is right on the money. I roasted a handful of garlic cloves wrapped in foil with a little olive oil until soft and golden as suggested by another reviewer and mashed them with a fork. Next time I will add more mushrooms - we love them and after you add pasta to the dish, mushrooms kind of get lost, but they taste fantastic! I used baby bellas. Also, I didn't have any Marsala on hand, so I used 6 oz of Chablis and really didn't miss the Marsala. Everyone loved it, even my super-picky-eater 11-year-old. Definitely a keeper. Thank you so much for sharing!
- ee 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 10 ounces button mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, pureed
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into 1 to 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 quart chicken stock
- 2 -4 ounces marsala wine (Cribari)
- 2 ounces white wine
- 1⁄2 quart heavy cream
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped (and parsley mix)
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 ounces garlic butter
- parmesan cheese, shavings (garnish)
- chopped fresh parsley (garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil.
- Caramelize onions.
- Saute mushrooms with balsamic vinegar.
- Add onions to the mushrooms.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add garlic .
- Add chicken.
- Add chicken stock, Marsala, and white wine. Cook until reduced by half.
- Add cream and bring to a boil.
- Turn down heat and simmer to skim away any impurities.
- Cook rigatoni al dente.
- Add drained rigatoni to chicken mixture in pan and finish with basil-parsley mix, parmesan cheese, garlic butter, and salt and pepper.
- Add more Marsala for flavor as needed.
- Place in pasta bowl and garnish with parmesan shavings and chopped parsley.