Recipe by Maddison
This is such an easy and delicious recipe for rolled cookies for your favorite cookie cutters. Not sure of the origin of the recipe, but we used it at a preschool where my children attended. It is simple and no-fail.
Top Review by happysunflower36
Wow!!! These cookies were the best! Last year, my sister in-law had made these cookies and I asked for the recipe. I had written it down but I was missing some of the directions so I typed up Rich Roll Cookies and thank goodness you had posted the same cookies. The cookies tastes like you would buy them from a bakery. Definitely a keeper. The recipe is easy to make and easy to roll out. I had gotten so many compliments. Thank you again for posting!
- 1 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups sifted flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (if using unsalted butter)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together butter and sugar. Beat in egg and extract. Combine and add flour and salt.
- Wrap dough well and chill or freeze until you are able to handle it easily. Can also make day ahead and place in fridge wrapped in plastic wrap.
- To bake: Preheat oven to 350. Roll out and cut with cookie cutters. Place on either a greased cookie sheet or one lined with a silpat liner or parchment paper. Bake 8-10 minutes for thin cookies or 15 minutes+ for thick cookies or cookies on a stick. When they are lightly browned, they are ready. Cool on pan for 1-2 minutes, transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely before decorating. Use your favorite icing recipe.