Cinnamon Roll Cookies
photo by YummySmellsca
- Ready In:
- 24hrs 15mins
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup barley flour
- 1⁄2 cup oat flour
- 3 (1 g) packets stevia
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 ounces shortening
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup icing sugar
- 2 teaspoons buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Whisk together flours, stevia, salt and nutmeg. Set aside.
- Cream cream cheese, shortening, sugar, buttermilk and vanilla until fluffy.
- Beat in dry ingredients.
- Divide in half, wrap in plastic and chill 1 hour before rolling out.
- Mix all ingredients until thoroughly combined.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out one piece of dough into a large rectangle (about 1/8 - 1/4" thick). Spread half of the filling evenly over rectangle.
- Roll up from the long side. Repeat with second piece of dough.
- Wrap each and freeze for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Rolls into 1/4" thick slices and place 1" apart on sheets.
- Bake, one sheet at a time, for 15 minutes. Cookies will be just starting to turn golden.
- Cool completely on the sheet before removing.
- Whisk together all ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- Drizzle over baked cookies and allow to set.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Montessori teacher, nutritionist and pastry chef: baking is my passion, but teaching the value of good food to whole families is close to my heart too! I have a passion for re-instilling the love of good-quality, home-made and mostly healthy food into the hearts and kitchens of children and their families today. I believe that any ?homemade? food, even when labelled as naughty, is a more wholesome treat than pre-packaged, cookie-cutter junk.</p> 9408826"