Triple Chocolate Espresso Bean Cookies
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 tablespoons espresso powder (freshly ground)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sea salt (finely ground)
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder (not dutched)
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature (soft to the touch)
- 2 cups granulated sugar (or 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar and 1/2 cups dark brown sugar)
- 2 large eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 8 ounces chocolate-covered coffee beans
- Preheat oven 375°F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together whole-wheat pastry flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter until light and fluffy. Add in the sugar and beat until the mixture is a thick, frosting-like consistency. Add in the eggs, one at a time, making sure each egg is incorporated before adding in the next one. Add in the vanilla and mix until it is incorporated.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stirring after each addition until the flour is incorporated. The dough should be moist and uniformly brown.
- Stir in the espresso beans and chocolate chips by hand, mixing just until they are evenly distributed throughout the dough.
- Drop the dough by heaping tablespoons onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 10 minutes on the middle rack. Don't overbake or they will dry out. It's best to underbake them just a bit.
- Allow to cool.
Join The Conversation
Made for Family Picks ZWT4 â€“ I had by mistake measured double the amount of butter, and already added sugar, when I realized my mistake, so I ended up with a double batch. No problem at all, my Co-workers all wanted more than one, and the recipe too. Chocolate covered espresso bean are hard to come by so I chopped up 3 ounces of espresso bean, and added 5 oz extra chocolate. No complaint there. 6 dozens gone in 24 hoursâ€¦. Thanks Annisette.