Recipe by Dreamer in Ontario
From Chatelaine Food Express Quickies, a quick sweet sauce to enhance chocolate or pound cake. This recipe works best using a 5% butterfat yogurt. Low-fat yogurt may separate when heated.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
This is a great tasting sauce that does go well with chocolate pound cake, & we also enjoyed it over slices of banana nut bread, too! A wonderful quick-&-easy, keeper recipe! [Tagged & made as a recipe review reward in the PRMR Holiday Special]
- 1 cup yogurt, use 5% butterfat yogurt not reduced fat
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 lemon, zest of
- Whisk all ingredients together.
- Pour into small saucepan and whisk constantly over medium heat until thickened and hot.
- Drizzle over chocolate cake or pound cake.