Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
SPOON tender pork chops in a rich and creamy mushroom gravy. Quickly done in the pressure cooker! Great for summer when you don't want to heat up the house!
- 6 pork chops, any kind
- 2 -3 tablespoons oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon powder, or granules
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- In pressure cooker, heat oil over medium heat til hot.
- Lightly brown peppered pork chops on both sides, a few at a time, removing as you go onto a plate.
- When all are browned, add water and chicken bouillon to pot.
- Scrape bottom to de-glaze and remove bits from bottom of pan.
- Add chops back to pot.
- Place lid on pressure cooker and heat over medium heat til the regulator starts rocking.
- Cook for 8 minutes. Turn off heat.
- Let pressure drop on it's own accord.
- When no more steam, carefully open cooker.
- Remove chops to platter, cover to keep hot.
- Whisk in soup and heat over medium-low heat.
- Then whisk in sour cream and heat til just heated through over low heat. Do not boil! Might curdle!
- Stir in parsley.
- Pour sauce over chops.
- *For extra-thick gravy, pour out all but 1 cup bouillon before adding soup and sour cream.
- **Can garnish with more parsley.
I have an electric pressure cooker & let me say your recipe was wonderfull. I did make a change though. Like another reviewer I used 8oz of greek yogurt & it tasted great. So tender were the chops, my 92 year old father & 90 year old mother loved them! Kudos to you!
I used some beautifully lean boneless pork chops. I rubbed both sides of the chops moderately with McCormick's Grill Mates Montreal Steak Seasoning in place of the pepper. I added one medium, coarsely chopped yellow onion; increased the water to three cups; and added one packet of Swanson's Flavor Boost (100% natural concentrated broth) in chicken flavor in place of the chicken bouillon. <br/> I also had to double the cooking time.<br/> I substituted a half cup of half and half and 1 cup water for the sour cream. <br/> To thicken the sauce, I did add flour. <br/> This recipe was indeed very tasty, not too salty and the chops were extremely tender.<br/> I served the chops and the gravy over homemade bread and mashed potatoes. Yum!<br/> I will definitely make this again.
Very tasty, but I had to double the cooking time also. Instant Pot is what I used. Added dried onion and a little Italian seasoning to the broth, used 1 cup of broth, seasoned chops with salt, pepper, garlic powder. At end, added soup and a spoonful of sour cream, corn starch to thicken. It was very good and very tender. Will make again :)