Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
There are so many recipes here with rice and nuts but this a little different. Originally on mealsforyou.com.
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme or 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄3 cups long grain rice
- 2 2⁄3 cups vegetable stock
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional, to taste)
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts or 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter or 1 tablespoon unsalted margarine
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, minced
- Prehat oven to 350ºF.
- Place first 3 ingredients in a piece of cheese cloth and tie with a string to make a bouquet garni.
- Heat oil in a heavy saucepan over medium heat; saute rice 1 minute or until rice is opaque and oil is absorbed.
- Stir in stock, salt and bouquet garni and bring to a boil. Immediately reduce heat to low and cover; simmer 20-25 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- While rice is cooking, place walnuts or pine nuts in a shallow pan and toast in oven 5-7 minutes or until golden. Shake pan at 3 minute intervals.
- Discard bouquet garni and fluff rice.
- Stir butter, tomatoes and walnuts or pine nuts into rice.