1/4 Photos of Rice With Mushrooms
salad slave's Note:
on peggy's request and as a thank you for the wonderful kabuli. it comes from the cookbook by the farmers union. very popular in belgium especially because of its easy but yummy recipes. it's a great succes when I serve my brothers this...judge for yourself!! (it is great just by itself (for my vegetarian friends) or really good with some chicken fillets.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel the onion and chop it in fine pieces.
- 2Clean the mushrooms and chop into fine pieces.
- 3Stew the onion in butter (that's the 50 g butter, but you really don't need that much).
- 4Add in rice and let stew for a short bit.
- 5Stir in the wine (optional) the chicken stock and tomato-purée. Let everything stew for 15 to 20 minutes (covered).
- 6Five minutes before the end add the mushrooms and the parsley.
- 7At the very last minute you can add the cheese (again optional).
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rice With Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (365 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 597.6
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 259.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 106.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 13.0 g