Cook1 hr 30 mins
This a simple, creamy rice pudding. If you want to make this diary free just substitute the milk with coconut milk.
- Place rice and cinnamon stick in a pot and cover with water. Bring rice to boil, turn down heat and simmer approx 15-20 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Remove cinnamon stick.
- Add coconut milk, milk (if using), vanilla and brown sugar. Simmer 15 minutes.
- Add lemon rind and simmer until almost all liquid is absorbed.
- (Make sure there is still some of the creamy liquid otherwise it will become more cake-like.).
- Serve with cinnamon, or mango slices and vanilla ice cream.