Recipe by Christie*
This a simple, creamy rice pudding. If you want to make this diary free just substitute the milk with coconut milk.
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked arborio rice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 cup coconut milk (2 cups if not using milk)
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 -2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar (not packed)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh lemon rind (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place rice and cinnamon stick in a pot and cover with water. Bring rice to boil, turn down heat and simmer approx 15-20 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Remove cinnamon stick.
- Add coconut milk, milk (if using), vanilla and brown sugar. Simmer 15 minutes.
- Add lemon rind and simmer until almost all liquid is absorbed.
- (Make sure there is still some of the creamy liquid otherwise it will become more cake-like.).
- Serve with cinnamon, or mango slices and vanilla ice cream.