Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Got this from the Carnation site. Hopefully it will taste like Dominican rice pudding.
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup white medium grain rice or 1 cup short-grain rice
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken into pieces
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- Place water, rice and cinnamon stick pieces in small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low. Cover.
- Cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Remove cinnamon stick pieces. Stir in evaporated and sweetened condensed milks, raisins, vanilla extract and salt and bring to a boil.
- Stir a small portion of the rice mixture into the eggs. Add egg mixture to rice mixture. Mix well with wire whisk. Bring to a boil. Cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes.
- Serve warm or chilled. Sprinkle with cinnamon before serving.