Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A vegetarian (if using vegetable stock) meal that fills you up!
- zucchini, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 onion, chopped coarse
- 1 carrot, sliced into bite sizes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can red beans
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 -4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- In a large non-stick pan with a little oil added, saute onion and zucchini until onion is transparent and zucchini is tender. In the microwave or in a separate pot, cook the carrot until crisp tender. Add the carrot to the onion and zucchini. Add all other incredients including spices. Heat thoroughly. When the rice is done, add the vegetables to the rice as you serve or mix everything together. Enjoy.
- This is a little hot for some pallets. I don't think I'd serve this to a child. Use a can of tomatoes and a separate can of mild green chilis for a little less heat. You can also use an equivalent amount of fresh tomatoes which would be especially good.