Recipe by looneytunesfan
Adopted from the RecipeZaar account. I haven't made it yet.
Top Review by Anu
Nice enough, but a little too greasy! 1/2 tablespoon of butter per serving is a little too much for a recipe that doesn't have many veggies. I skipped the mushrooms and doubled the amount of green bell peppers and it gave the rice a nice flavour.
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mushrooms, Sliced
- 2 green onions, Sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup long grain rice
- 1⁄4 medium bell pepper (Bell peppers can be any color, but should be cut into 1-inch julienne strips.)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried sage, Crushed
- 2 teaspoons parsley, Snipped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 1-quart casserole microwave mushrooms, onion and butter or margarine, uncovered, on 100% power for 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 minutes or till vegetables are tender.
- Stir in water, rice, bell pepper strips, salt, and sage.
- Micro-cook, covered, on 100% power for 2 to 3 minutes or till boiling. micro-cook, covered, on 50% power for 14 to 16 minutes or till rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, stirring once.
- Stir in parsley.
- Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.