Happy Harry #2's Note:
Playing around with preparing rice with a difference and came up with this......and it turned out delish, Oh My!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut onions and pepper in small dice.
- 2Heat oil over medium heat in a large saucepan with cover. Add vegetables and stir-fry until onion turns lightly browned. Add rice and 1tsp oil (if you feel it is too dry). Stir and lightly brown the rice.
- 3At this point, add seasonings, if using.**.
- 4Add stock, stir well and cover.
- 5Lower heat to simmer. Cook 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Shake covered saucepan once or twice while cooking.
- 6Fluff and serve.
- 7**At this point, I put the rice and stock into a rice steamer to cook. This way it always comes out perfect for me.
You Might Also Like...View All Medium-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rice....oh My!
Serving Size: 1 (201 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 339.3
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 56.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 8.8 g