Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from a recipe box at a estate sale.
- 1⁄2 cup oleo (butter)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup Rice Krispies
- 1⁄2 cup coconut or 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- Cream together oleo, egg, sugars, and vanilla.
- Add baking soda, baking powder, oatmeal and flour.
- Add Rice Krispies and coconut; mix well.
- Drop by teaspoonful on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes.
Exact recipe my Grandmother used to make--she called them "Ranger Cookies". Brought back great memories--the cookies were as delicious as I remembered! Made them with MY Granddaughter.