Recipe by AZPARZYCH
Found online; posting for ZWT6 (Great Britian/Wales)
Top Review by Baby Kato
Awesome griddle cakes AZPARZYCH. I love pancakes and these did not disappoint. They were light, tender, fluffy and flavorful with an excellent texture. I served them with a little butter for a truly delicious breakfast. These beautiful griddle cakes were very sweet, next time I make them I will use less sugar, (personal preference only). Watch the pancakes while they cook, as the first batch burned very quickly. Thank you for sharing a recipe that I will make often. Made for Lets Party 2011.
- 1⁄2 lb rice
- 1⁄2 lb flour
- 6 ounces caster sugar
- 1 ounce butter
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the rice and drain thoroughly.
- Sift the flour, salt and baking powder together.
- Rub the butter into the flour and add the rice.
- Beat the egg and add with enough milk to make a soft dough that will drop off a spoon.
- Drop a tablespoonful of the mixture at a time on to a hot greased griddle.