Popular Pumpkin Griddle Cakes
The perfect fall breakfast! Recipe from Stonyfield Farm website. FYI. . .I usually have to add extra milk or water to thin my batter out. Also, I have subbed Splenda for the sugar and flavored yogurt for the plain yogurt with great success.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon (I suggest increasing this to 1 tsp)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla (I suggest increasing this to 1 tsp)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda and spices.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, adding yogurt, milk and pumpkin puree; mix well.
- Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture and stir until just blended.
- Spoon the batter onto a preheated, oiled griddle, using 1/4 cup batter for each pancake.
- Cook pancakes slowly over a low-medium heat for approximately 4-6 minutes, flipping after 3 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
LOVE these pancakes, wish I'd taken a photo but they were gone before I got to them. It does make a lot but you can always freeze some if they last that long. The perfect blend of fall flavors and spices and just what I was looking for to use up some extra pumpkin I had left over. I'll be making this again and will make sure I take a photo at that time.Reply
After making a batch of pumpkin smoothies this morning, I had a cup of remaining pumpkin puree and went looking for a recipe to use up my leftovers. This recipe appealed to me because it didn't contain oil, and because it looked fairly easy to veganize. I was thrilled with the results - light, fluffy cakes without too much sweetness or too strong pumpkin flavor. Yum! I froze them in bags of 3 for my kids to defrost and eat before school. :o) For the record, I used Ener-G egg replacer, vanilla soy yogurt, and almond milk. I also used pumpkin pie spice in place of the specified spices. Thanks for a great recipe!Reply