Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
from Aroma.com I have not tried it yet. can't wait to! This is an easy, one pot meal with lots of flavor.
- 1 1⁄2 cups long grain white rice
- 1⁄2 cup dried black beans
- 1 (14 ounce) canlow sodium reduced-fat chicken broth
- 14 ounces water
- 1 1⁄2 cups salsa, mild
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1⁄2 medium green pepper, cleaned and chopped
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 lb cooked jumbo shrimp
- cilantro (to garnish) (optional)
- Place all ingredients except the cheese and shrimp into rice cooker. Stir to combine. Cook on the white rice setting. Ten minutes before cycle ends, carefully open lid and add the shrimp on top of rice mixture. At the end of the cooking cycle, add shredded cheese and stir. Serve immediately, garnishing with cilantro if desired.