1/2 Photos of Rice Cooker Pilaf With Brown Rice, Lentils, and Wild Rice
This is a quick and easy pilaf with my favorite spice--cardamom! If you don't have cardamom on hand, you can omit it--the pilaf is still delicious without it. I improvised it one evening when I was short of canned chicken broth and time. I like the recipe because it combines two of my favorite rices with lentils. The lentils add protein. The dish is a perfect accompaniment to chicken baked with a generous sprinkling of cardamom.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove the inner pot from the rice cooker.
- 2Place the rices and lentils in a sieve, rinse under running water.
- 3Add the onion, the rices, and the lentils to the inner pot. Add the water, the pepper, the cardamom, and the chicken bouillon granules. Stir ingredients.
- 4Return inner pot to rice cooker and press "cook." If pilaf is not sufficiently done after it switches from "cook" to "warm," re-close the rice cooker and keep on "warm" for another 5-10 minutes. Cooking time should be approximately 45 minutes, your rice cooker may vary.
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rice Cooker Pilaf With Brown Rice, Lentils, and Wild Rice
Serving Size: 1 (214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 235.7
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.2 mg
- Sodium 370.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 6.4 g