Pilaf of Wild Rice, Mushrooms and Leeks
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a great side dish for any chicken, cornish hen, pheasant,or duck dish. Also good with any roasted meat.Originally from an October 1984 issue of Bon Appetit in an article that featured Indian Summer Menus.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 2⁄3 cups wild rice (12 oz.)
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 4 cups leeks, coarsely chopped (white parts only)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried thyme, crumbled
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh mushrooms, trimmed and thickly sliced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2⁄3 cup fresh Italian parsley, minced
- Bring stock to boil in medium saucepan.
- Add rice, bay leaf and salt.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered until rice is tender, about 30 minutes; drain.
- Melt butter in large heavy skillet over medium-low heat.
- Stir in leeks and thyme.
- Cover and cook until soft, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- Mix in mushrooms and sprinkle with salt.
- Cover and cook until mushrooms exude liquid, stirring occasionallly, about 10 minutes.
- Mix in rice and pepper; taste and adjust seasoning.
- Cover and cook until rice has absorbed liquid, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- Mix in parsley and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION